How to Apply
Our aim is for King’s College London Mathematics School to provide an opportunity for the brightest and best young mathematicians to stretch themselves and prepare to study mathematics or mathematics-related subjects at university. In doing so we are keen to provide this opportunity for students who may otherwise not have access to the opportunities for an outstanding mathematical education which the school will offer. The application process reflects this aim.
Key dates for applicants (September 2020 entry)
- Applications to the school for September 2019 entry are now closed.
- Applications to the school for September 2020 will open in early September 2019.
To apply, you must complete an online application form. Applications will open from early September 2019. The deadline for applications is 30 November 2019.
- We encourage you to join us at an open evening to find out more about the school and how you can apply. You need to sign up to attend, and we'll open for bookings in early September 2019. Open evenings are scheduled for:
- Tuesday 1 October
- Thursday 31 October
- Monday 11 November
- Taster days are a great way to experience the school first-hand. You need to apply for a place, and we'll open for applications in early September 2019. Taster days are scheduled for:
- Saturday 12 October
- Saturday 2 November
- Saturday 23 November
- All applicants will be invited to take part in a written mathematics aptitude test, taking place on Saturday 14 December 2019.
- Those with a high score in the test will be invited to an interview on either Thursday 23 January or Saturday 25 January 2020. The interview is to assess further the candidate’s ability to benefit from the experience of attending a specialist mathematics school. Those invited to interview will be asked to provide, where applicable, their most recent school report.
- Conditional offers will then be made in February 2020. Applicants will be asked to accept or decline their conditional offer within a fortnight of receiving it from the school.
- Enrolment day coincides with GCSE results day, on Thursday 20 August. We'll want you to come to the school in person to enrol on that day and to welcome you to King's Maths School!