PHYSICS+ summer school
Join us at King’s College London for five full days of fun-filled physics! The course is specifically designed to help you transition to A-level from two Science GCSEs. Here’s what you’ll get up to:
- Learn lots of physics with experience, skilled and knowledgeable physics teachers
- Spend time in the King’s College London undergraduate laboratories developing your understanding of practical physics
- Develop your capacity to think like a physicist and solve unfamiliar problems
- Hear from some actual physicists to further inspire your interest in the subject.
Who can apply to the Physics Summer School?
The Summer School is open to Year 11 students who:
- attend a non-selective state school
- do not have parent(s) or carer(s) who have studied at university.
We will prioritise offers to applicants who:
- have been eligible for Free School Meals in any of the past 6 years
- are sitting two GCSEs in Science this summer and want to do A-level Physics
- are female
- live or have lived in local authority care
- are a young carer
- are disabled
- come from neighbourhoods with low overall progression rates to higher education.
This course is being run in conjunction with and funded by the Widening Participation Department at King’s College London, whose purpose is to ensure that the opportunities provided by universities are accessible to students from a wide range of backgrounds.
When / where does the Physics Summer School take place?
The Summer School is a 5 day course taking place on 9-13 July 2018.
The course will be based at King's College London Strand Campus.
Aplications are now closed.