Skip to main content
KBS_Icon_questionmark link-ico


International students

Apply for a visa

Nationals of countries who are not part of the EU/EEA/Switzerland will typically require a visa to study.  You can check whether you need a visa using our online guide

Please note, if you already hold a Tier 4 visa that you obtained with another education provider you will need to apply for a new Tier 4 visa to study at King's for which you will require a Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS). You will receive your CAS via your King's application portal after receiving an unconditional firm  offer if you told us that you require a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK. 

If you currently hold a non-study specific visa you should check that it allows you to undertake study. If you are in any doubt, please contact our International Student Advice Service.

If you require a Tier 4 visa you must ensure that you make a timely application to avoid delays. However, please note that you cannot make your application any sooner than three months prior to your programme start date.

Visit the Student Advice pages for a step-by step guide to applying for your Tier 4 Visa.

Information about collecting your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)

If you make your Tier 4 visa application from outside of the UK for a course of 6 months or longer, you will need to select your preferred delivery location for your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) i.e your visa, which you must collect within 10 days of your arrival in the UK.

We strongly recommend that you choose to collect your BRP directly from King's by entering the following Alternative Location Code when prompted in your visa application: 2HE432. Your BRP will be delivered to the following address:

Visa Compliance Service, King’s College London
Bush House
Room 4.08   South East Wing (Level 4)
30 Aldwych

International Orientation 

All EU/EEA/Swiss and Non-EU/International students who are moving to the UK are invited to attend International Orientation, a one-day event aimed at introducing new students to life at King's and London before Welcome Week begins on 16 September 2019. International Orientation is also a great opportunity to meet new fellow new students! 

International Orientation will take place on the following dates at the Waterloo Campus: 

Undergraduate students - Thursday 12 September

Postgraduate students - Friday 13 September 

International Orientation is an optional event, and is not compulsory for students to attend. Please don't worry if you are unable to attend - there is plenty of activity during Welcome Week for you to get involved in, and sessions will be repeated. 

View the schedule for International Orientation (PDF).

Collect your BRP 

 We will make your BRP available for collection when you complete enrolment and collect your Student ID card, and you will need to present your original passport to us in order to receive it. King's has a duty to UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) to take copies of your original BRP and passport, and we will do this at your Welcome location. 

If you do not use our Alternative Collection Code, your BRP will be delivered to a nominated Post Office branch in the UK, and you will need to make arrangements to collect it within 10 days of your arrival and present it to us along with a passport when you collect your Student ID card. 

If you are under the age of 18 and collecting your BRP from a Post Office you must be accompanied by a Responsible Adult. This may be your parent or legal guardian, for example, however the person you nominate must be approved in advance by the Home Office, which may take up to 5 days. You can nominate a Responsible Adult online here.

Complete police registration

When you arrive in the UK, you may need to register with the police, depending on your nationality and how long you'll be here for. 

You will need to register with the police if you come to the UK for longer than 6 months and you are a national from the following counties:

Afghanistan, Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bolivia, Brazil, China, Colombia, Cuba, Egypt, Georgia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Morocco, North Korea, Oman, Palestine, Peru, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Yemen. 

For more information please visit International Student Advice.

Find out more about Welcome Week at King’s

When you arrive

When you arrive

Collect your Student ID Card and attend your academic induction.

Your first weeks

Your first weeks

Start your academic programme, meet your personal tutor, and sign up for clubs and societies.

Arriving late

Arriving late

Information for students arriving at King's after Welcome Week.

Recommended Activities

Plan your arrival

Figure out your budget

Research clubs and societies