This November sees the ninth year of Wrap Up London, the annual coat collection created by charity Hands On London and sponsored by William Blair, a global investment banking and wealth management firm.
Collections take place across the capital at tube and rail stations, schools, places of worship and places of work. The coats are then redistributed to local community groups which give direct support to the homeless, refugees, children in poverty, the elderly, and people fleeing domestic violence (to name a few).
Since the first Wrap Up London in 2011, the campaign has collected and distributed 137,980 warm coats to date.
It is a truly humbling experience to see hundreds of people coming together to help those most vulnerable in their community. This year again, tens of thousands of people will be a little warmer this winter, not just physically, but knowing someone cares.– Jon Meech, CEO, Hands On London
This year, we want to make it as easy as possible for people to donate their coats by hosting collection points across our campuses from 11–22 November 2019.
The collection points include:
- Science Gallery London near London Bridge open to all
- King’s Libraries (Maughan Library, Strand; St Thomas’ House Library, St Thomas’; New Hunts House Library, Guys; WEC Library, Denmark Hill; FWB Library, Waterloo) King's ID required
- KCLSU hubs (Ground Floor, Bush House (SE), Strand; West Wing, Guys; IoPPN, Denmark Hill; First floor, FWB, Waterloo) King's ID required
- King’s Residences reception desks (Champion Hill; Great Dover Street Apartments; Stamford Street Apartments) King's ID required
- 4th floor reception, Lavington Street, SE1 0NZ King's ID required
To find out more email email@example.com
Details of other Wrap up London collection points across the city can be found at wrapuplondon.org.uk