LMS Good Practice Scheme
The Department of Mathematics strongly supports equal opportunities for all and the advancing of women’s careers within mathematics, and has signed up to the London Mathematical Society’s good practice scheme.
The Scheme sets out five principles of good practice:
- A robust organisational framework to deliver equality of opportunity and reward.
- Appointment, promotion and selection processes and procedures that encourage men and women to apply for academic posts at all levels.
- Departmental structures and systems that enable men and women to progress and continue in their careers.
- Departmental organisation, structure, management arrangements and culture that are open, inclusive and transparent and encourage the participation of all staff.
- Flexible approaches and provisions that encompass the working day, the working year and a working life and enable individuals, at all career and life stages, to maximise their contribution to mathematics, their department and institution.
Further information on the scheme can be found by visiting the London Mathematical Society’s Website.
Follow @womeninmaths on Twitter for updates on events and news on gender equalities in science.