Show/hide main menu

Graduate Research Students

Complaints Procedure (PGR)

If you feel that there is an important issue in your programme that needs to be addressed, this can usually be dealt with at Departmental level. We are always happy listen to students’ concerns and do what we can to address them. We try to ensure there are a variety of routes for you to raise complaints. Please contact the relevant person named in the procedure below:

  1. If you have an issue or complaint regarding your research studies, you should contact your first or second supervisor in the first instance.
  2. If you feel that your particular complaint has still not been addressed, or if there is a different concern that you wish to bring to our attention, you can contact the Research Student Tutor. They can then take appropriate action, or advise you what to do next.
  3. Alternatively, if you feel it is a more general issue, you could contact your student representative to raise the issue in the PG staff-student liaison committee.
  4. Finally, if you still feel that your concern has not been addressed, you can contact the Head of Department, but you should only do this if you’ve already been through the steps above.

Our intention is that this procedure will succeed in addressing your concerns. The Faculty and College do have formal complaints procedures, but you are expected to resolve your concerns locally first, by taking the appropriate steps outlined above.



11 May 2018


Sitemap Site help Terms and conditions  Privacy policy  Accessibility  Modern slavery statement  Contact us

© 2019 King's College London | Strand | London WC2R 2LS | England | United Kingdom | Tel +44 (0)20 7836 5454