The Clinical Palliative Care Team of King's College Hospital is based
on the first floor of the Institute Building.
The Palliative Care Team is a
multi-professional team working in an advisory capacity across King’s to
- evidence-based symptom control
- complex psychosocial care
- liaison with other specialist palliative care services (hospital and community)
- support for provision of individualised end of life care for all patients with advanced disease
The team aims to provide a service that:
- improves quality of life
- facilitates patient choice
- treats patients and carers with respect and dignity at all times
team is also committed to audit, research, and education in order to
continually improve the service, increase the evidence which underpins
care, and extend palliative care skills and knowledge to a wide range of
other health and social care professionals.
To find out more, see our list of team members or contact us directly on +44 (0)20 3299 4060.