Katrin Hofmann holds a BA in German as a Foreign Language (2014) from the University of Leipzig and a MA in German as a Second and Foreign language (2018) from the University of Vienna.
She taught GFL in various contexts in Germany, Sweden, Namibia, Austria and the UK, including the position of DAAD language assistant at the University of Namibia (2015) as well as teaching positions at the Vienna University of Economics and Business (2017/2018) and the University of Kent (2018/2019).In 2019, she joined the German Department at King’s as OeAD-Lektorin.
Research interests and PhD supervision
- Teaching German as a second/foreign language
- Digital media
- Autonomous language learning
- Extensive Reading in foreign language classrooms
Katrin Hofmann’ research interest focuses on didactics and methods in teaching and learning GFL, primarily with regards to the increasing digitalisation in/of language classrooms and its implications for both teaching and (autonomously) learning languages.
Katrin Hofmann teaches core language and ab initio modules.
- Dawidowicz, Marta / Hofmann, Katrin / Schramm, Karen (forthcoming). Lehrkompetenzentwicklung für extensiven Leseunterricht. Netzwerk fremdsprachliche Lehrer_innenbildung.
- Schramm, Karen / Dawidowicz, Marta / Hofmann, Katrin (2019). Erfahrungsbasiertheit, kollegiale Kooperation und videobasierte Reflexion als Prinzipien des LEELU-LehrerInnenbildungsprojekts. Tagungsband der finnischen Germanistik in Turku 2017: Finnische Beiträge zur Germanistik, 51-66.