Dr Podder is a Senior Lecturer in Defence Studies. Before joining the Defence Studies Department she was a Lecturer in International Security and Development at the Centre for International Security and Resilience at Cranfield University. She has taught subjects such as defence engagement, security sector reform, international interventions for peace and statebuilding, and regional security theories.
Her primary areas of research are post-conflict reconstruction (DDR/SSR), civil wars and youth in peacebuilding.
Google Scholar page
- Post-conflict reconstruction
- Security sector reform
- Child solders and ex-combatant reintegration
- Peacebuilding legacies
- Youth, peace and security
- Rebel groups and civil wars
Currently accepting PhD students in two areas:
- Youth, peace and security and youth-led peacebuilding. Country focus: Liberia, Sierra Leone; Jordan; Lebanon; Mindanao, Philippines.
- Rebel legitimacy and rebel governance. Country focus: South Sudan, Syria, Iraq, and Mindanao, Philippines.
Dr Sukanya Podder PURE Profile