Serena joined the Department of Psychology in October 2019 and currently supports a number of cross-departmental research studies between Psychology and Psychological Medicine. These include:
1) A large multi-site trial investigating behavioural and psychological risk factors for fatigue in long term conditions (LTC’s).
2) Experimental study measuring cognitive processes in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and other LTC’s.
3) An online feasibility intervention for fatigue for people with CFS and other LTC’s.
4) A randomised control trial of an app aimed at supporting breast cancer survivors with taking their hormone therapy.
Serena completed her undergraduate degree at Bath Spa University in Psychology. She then went on to complete her MSc in Health Psychology at King’s College London (2018/2019).
Serena obtained her MSc in Health Psychology from King’s College London and is the Research Assistant working on BOOST. She acts as a central facilitator for the Trial and assists with data management, recruitment and administration for the programme.
- medication adherence in long-term conditions