Delivered by leading researchers in the forensic field, this is the longest running, fully accredited programme of its type in England. Students gain knowledge and understanding of the forensic process and of the analytical techniques used in crime investigation. Opportunities for research projects in forensic laboratories around the world. Leads to further study for a PhD or careers in forensic science.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
- A well established and highly respected forensic science programme with contributions from practising forensic scientists who are experts in their field.
- The Department has a strategic alliance with the Metropolitan Police Forensic Services Directorate and links to many Forensic Science and Drug testing laboratories in the UK, EU and worldwide.
- Opportunities for integrated training placements in forensic laboratories mentioned above.
- Exposure to cutting edge technology and methodology at the forefront of forensic science research and development.
- Students wishing to may extend thier project to 28 week project to gain an extra 30 ECTS and the MRes qualification.
Dr Barbara Daniel
Forensic Science Society accredited course
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90 UK 240/ECTS 120
MSc: one year FT, September to September. MRes: 15 months, September to February.
Waterloo Campus for the first two terms, the third term usually outside the College.
Most of our students go on to work in the forensic science sector with forensic service providers within the UK, European and International field being the major employers. Others have taken employment with the Metropolitan Police or crime scene departments of other police forces. Many of our Canadian graduates now work for the RCMP or the Toronto Centre for Forensic Sciences. Some of our students go on to do a PhD either at King's College London or other universities across the country.
Year of entry 2014