Study contemporary British history at an advanced level in a strong research environment. Choose from a wide range of options, taught by experts in the field. The programme includes economic, social, cultural, political and diplomatic history. Leads to careers in research, journalism, the civil service, politics, teaching and finance. We provide a unique course covering contemporary historiography and research methods.
- Comparative approach to contemporary British history.
- Unique location in the heart of the British administrative centre with unrivalled access to library and archival resources and easy access to resources in Europe, as well as wide range of contemporary history experts at ICBH.
- Students attend the regular research seminar in Contemporary British History and have full access to ICBH's other exciting activitites, such as our oral history programme, History & Policy, conferences and research projects
- Annual residential workshop for ICBH MA and PhD students at Cumberland Lodge, Windsor Great Park
- Specialist historiography and research methods course for contemporary history, including oral history, and expert dissertation supervision in contemporary political, economic, social and diplomatic history.
Professor Richard Roberts
King's College London
Credit value (UK/ECTS equivalent)
UK 180/ECTS 90
One year FT, two years PT, September to September.
Research in our department or elsewhere; civil service; teaching, journalism, and politics.
Year of entry 2016