Study across a range of French and Francophone language and literature from the Middle Ages to today, plus diverse choice of English modules, from medieval literature to modern poetry and women's writing. The degree is based in London and includes year in a French-speaking country.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
- Recognised as one of the leading French departments in the UK, distinguished for its world-leading and internationally excellent research.
- Teaching features innovative approaches to French language, literature, cultural, political and historical studies.
- The year abroad offers students the unique opportunity for immersion in French culture. We have exchanges with a number of partner universities in France and French speaking countries currently including Sorbonne Paris IV, Université des Antilles et de la Guyane, The University of Provence, The University of Montpellier III, Université de Montréal, The University of Cergy-Pontoise, University of Poitiers, University of Lyon, Institut d'études politiques (IEP) and the University of Geneva. The year abroad also offers students the opportunity to work as an English Language Assistant on a programme run by the British Council.
- Opportunity to study abroad offers students the opportunity to immerse themselves in French culture and society and achieve language fluency.
- Combination of language skills, cultural literacy and critical thinking means graduates from King's are highly employable.
- All students follow core modules in French language to a high level of proficiency in written and spoken French.
- One of the oldest English departments in the country, with an international reputation for the quality of its teaching and research.
- Personal attention given to each student, creating a vibrant intellectual atmosphere and a network of support.
- Offers a wide range of modules, and diverse approaches.
- Central location offers access to Shakespeare’s Globe, and countless other sites and buildings with literary associations.
- Graduates develop transferable analytical and communications skills making them highly desirable to employers across a range of sectors.
King's College London
Year of entry 2014