Historical learning and critical thinking with a focus on an advanced study of German language, culture and society. Within History, choose modules from European medieval history to modern British politics; within German, choose from a wide range of modules on cultural topics and gain proficiency in the German language.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
- Highly-rated department in German with an international reputation for the strength of its world-leading and excellent research.
- Teaching informed and delivered by staff who carry out that research.
- Exceptionally wide range of modules covering literature, language, film, and history.
- Central location offers students access to a variety of libraries and resources, including the Goethe-Insitut and the Austrian Cultural Forum.
- Year abroad in a German-speaking country offers students the opportunity to immerse themselves in culture and society and achieve language fluency.
- One of the best history departments in the world, ranked 7th in the UK by The Guardian University Guide (2015).
- Graduates get top jobs in a wide range of sectors, including law, business, government, heritage, finance and teaching.
- A wider range of periods and places than most history degrees, from medieval Europe to modern India.
- Students are taught in a friendly and supportive environment by expert historians.
- The central London location offers students easy access to world-class museums, collections and libraries.
Follow King's history on facebook
Please note: Assessed internship placements are not included as part of this programme. However, King’s Careers & Employability can help you to find a range of different work experience options, including internships, placements and shadowing opportunities.
King's College London
Year of entry 2016