Attain a high level of proficiency in German language and develop knowledge and critical understanding of the culture and society on this degree programme in the heart of London. One of only three UK institutions that teach Byzantine & Modern Greek to BA degree level.
Sorry, but you need to update your Adobe Flash™ player
Byzantine & Modern Greek
- Highest-rated department in German within London and nationally on the strength of its world-leading and internationally excellent research.
- Teaching informed and delivered by staff who carry out that research.
- Exceptionally wide range of modules covering literature, language, film, and history.
- Central location offers students access to a variety of libraries and resources, including the Goethe-Institut and the Austrian Cultural Forum.
- Opportunity to study in a German-speaking country offers students the opportunity to immerse themselves in culture and society and achieve language fluency.
- King's is one of only three UK institutions that teach Byzantine & Modern Greek to BA degree level.
- The Centre for Hellenic Studies at King's is the largest of its kind, with all staff active in research at international level, in a wide range of fields.
- Location makes collaboration possible with many Greek cultural organisations based in London.
- Students are offered the opportunity to improve their language skills during a year studying abroad.
- Graduates go into a wide range of professions, including law, government service, journalism, teaching and the financial services industries.
Follow Hellenic Studies at King's on facebook
King's College London
Year of entry 2015