One of the world's top research institutions
- King’s is one of the top 25 universities in the world, 2016-17 QS international world rankings
- Eighty-four per cent of research at King’s was deemed ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’ (3* and 4*) in REF 2014
Outstanding REF 2014 Results
- Ranked King's 7th in the UK for Quality
- King's ranked 4th amongst multi-faculty universities for research Impact
- 71% of King's submitted staff were in Units of Assessment with a top decile ranking
- 92% of King's submitted staff were in Units of Assessment with a top quartile ranking
- 40% of the overall work submitted was considered world leading (4*)
Click here to find out more about our REF 2014 results.
12 Nobel Prize Laureates
Twelve people who have worked or studied at King's and its constituent institutions have been awarded the Nobel Prize including the Most Reverend Desmond Tutu, Professor Peter Higgs, Mario Vargas Llosa and Sir James Black.
As part of King’s commitment to advancing gender equality, we’ve been held a bronze Athena SWAN award since 2016, and hold 20 silver and bronze awards across our nine faculties.
HR Excellence in Research Award
King's is delighted to have retained the European Commission’s HR Excellence in Research Award at the four year stage.The award is made in recognition of a demonstrated commitment to the Concordat to Support the Career Development of Researchers.
The Concordat outlines a set of key principles which underpin the working conditions and career development opportunities that should be offered to research staff and define responsibilities of researchers in achieving their own potential.