Apply for our postdoctoral and early career researcher Fellowship opportunities here!
King's staff - For demand management or quality assurance, some schemes are subject to internal processes. Before applying to a scheme, always check the College's internal selection process pages here.
Arts & Sciences Research Office (ASRO)
We provide a dedicated, integrated centre of expertise in research development for the five Arts & Sciences faculties:
- Arts & Humanities
- Dickson Poon School of Law
- King’s Business School
- Natural & Mathematical Sciences
- Social Sciences & Public Policy
The research we support is global, involving over 130 countries, and we partner with industrial and cultural organisations from around the world. Our new award capture brings an annual income of more than £30 million per annum, and our application value is over £140 million this academic year alone.
We provide intensive support to individuals and teams developing strategic research grant applications, working with academics and Faculty research support teams, from the initial idea all the way through to submission to funder. We advise on the content of applications and identify potential funding sources for each research project. We do everything we can to maximise the applicant’s chances of success.
For larger strategic schemes, we lead on internal coordination, bringing in expertise from across King's.
What we do
- Application development and submission – we provide one-to-one advice, support and guidance for individuals and teams as research projects mature and develop, as well as signposting to Pre- and Post-Award support for submission and award management
- Peer review and mock interviews - we arrange mock interviews for applicants reaching interview stage, provide peer review on developing applications and identify expert individuals for peer review
- Education - we run workshops and sandpits for academics and local research support staff on all aspects of research grant capture
- Triage and development of ideas – we coordinate internal selection panels for larger and strategic schemes, and are co-located as a team, fostering a culture of open communication and collaboration for strategic, cross-university opportunities
- Proactive identification of opportunities and matchmaking – we provide expert funder intelligence and horizon scan for the latest opportunities
- Input into university and faculty research strategies – we meet regularly with Faculty Vice-Deans for Research, Faculty Research Managers and the Arts & Sciences Senior team to analyse performance and give advice on strategic direction