The IoPPN Genomics & Biomarker Core Facility within King's College London offers an array of high-throughput genomics services from sample preparation to bioinformatics support. The facility is a CSPro certified provider of Illumina's platforms and assays for genotyping and gene expression and we can provide epigenetic profiling using the 450K BeadChip and immunoassays via MSD assays for cytokines and chemokines, with state-of-the-art robotics and LIMS tracking of samples at the MRC SGDP Centre, Institute of Psychiatry Psychology and Neuroscience (IoPPN), KCL. We have also established Oxford Nanopore high-throughput next-generation long reads sequencing platform, PromethION to provide whole-genome sequencing, transcriptomics and methylome sequencing.
Certain items of equipment are available for use by individual researchers or groups based at King’s College London by prior arrangement and training will be provided where necessary. Please see the different sections in the following drop-down list for more information on each of these.
Genomic services we offer include:
- Experimental Design
- Automated blood fractionation (Plasma, Serum and Buffy Coat) for biobanking
- Automated DNA/RNA extraction (Blood, Saliva, Swabs, Buffy Coat, and Brain Tissues)
- DNA/RNA quantification and quality control
- Automated sample preparation and normalization
- Immunoassay analysis for cytokines and chemokines
- Illumina genotyping and methylation beadchip analysis
- Nanopore long-read sequencing analysis
- Bioinformatics support (Quality Control, Imputation and PRS)