Research & Impact
Our Vascular Biology Section is headed by Professor Catherine Shanahan and based at the Denmark Hill campus.
We are a basic science research group that undertakes a wide range of research in the field of cardiovascular diseases with the broad objective of improving the understanding of molecular mechanisms in the pathogenesis and the treatment of cardiovascular disease.
The overarching aim of our study is to elucidate the molecular mechanisms underlying cardiovascular diseases, especially stem cells and atherosclerosis.
The following research projects are carried out within our Section:
- Stem/progenitor cells and atherosclerosis
- The mechanism of stem cell differentiation
- Vascular tissue engineering
- A new bioreactor to generate artificial blood vessels has been established and improved recently.
- Mouse models of vessel grafts
Browser does not support script.