Arabic Conversation Language Levels 3 and 4 Part 1
Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 07 October 2023 To: 09 December 2023
This course is designed for students at levels 3 & 4 or equivalent who wish to improve knowledge about the Arab world as well as speaking and listening skills by participating in discussions.
To enrol on this course you should be able to communicate on a range of common and familiar situations:
- describe everyday events and personal experiences, discuss plans, give reasons, etc
- read and understand short articles and texts dealing with familiar issues
- be familiar with contemporary issues and culture of the countries in which the target language is spoken
What does this course cover?
Please note that there is no prescribed syllabus. Topics will vary according to students’ interests and may include:
- Discussing social norms and habits
- Using cultural idioms
- Family and friends
- Exchanging gifts
- Practical tips when visiting an Arab country (tips for day-to-day life during a visit to an Arab country)
- Extending and receiving invitations
What will I achieve?
To achieve the equivalent of B1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
By the end of the course you will:
- be able to communicate with relative ease on a range of issues, including social, cultural and economic topics of general interest,
- have participated in discussions and role plays,
- have expanded and deepened your knowledge of the language and culture of Arabic-speaking countries,
- have improved the overall fluency and accuracy of the spoken language.
After completing all three parts of this course, students may be able to join our Arabic Conversation course Level 4 and 5. Students should ask their tutor to suggest the most suitable courses.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.