Evidence Based Practice Level 6
Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care
Available course dates:
To be confirmed
The module will develop the knowledge and skills required to provide evidence-based care in your clinical setting.
In order to ensure that healthcare remains responsive to the ever-increasing body of knowledge and scientific rationale, healthcare professionals need to base their practice on the best available evidence. Through this module, you will be introduced to the concepts of evidence-based practice (EBP), whilst lectures, seminars, and practical sessions will enable you to develop the key skills related to EBP. You are required to identify an issue arising from your area of clinical practice and will be guided in developing this into a focused question. You will then be steered through the processes of finding evidence to answer your question. Having found appropriate research papers, you will develop critical appraisal skills in order to determine if evidence found can be implemented in clinical practice. Issues relating to the introduction of evidence into the clinical environment and strategies for managing change will be addressed. This module will introduce you to the principles of research.
What will I achieve?
On completion of the module you will:
- Be able to discuss critically the concept of evidence-based practice in healthcare.
- Be able to evaluate the nature of evidence.
- Have developed the skills to formulate a problem into an answerable format.
- Be able to undertake a systematic search of the literature, specifically bibliographic databases
- Be able to critically appraise research evidence.
- Be able to critically discuss the skills required to implement evidence in practice.
Who will I learn with?
Lecturer in Child and Family Health
Who is this for?
Qualified nurses & midwives
How will I be assessed?
A 2,000-word research review
What is the teaching schedule?
4/10, 11/10, 18/10, 8/11, 15/11, 29/11
To find out more about this module, please contact Yan-Shing Chang - firstname.lastname@example.org