Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 07 October 2023 To: 09 December 2023
By studying Italian Level 1, you will be able to communicate in very basic everyday-life situations, including greetings, daily activities, finding your way, telling the time and date, making simple purchases, ordering a meal, etc, be able to understand very simple oral and written texts and ascertain specific information on simple topics, have developed an insight into Italian-speaking life, culture and society.
What does this course cover?
Topics may typically include:
- Personal and social life (family, friends, daily routine)
- Travel, transport and directions
- Food and drink, at a bar / restaurant
- At the hotel
Functions may typically include:
- Greetings and introductions
- Talking extensively about oneself
- Asking for explanations, clarifications and permission
- Describing people, places, objects and situations
- Ordering at a bar / restaurant
- Booking a hotel room
Grammar may typically include:
- Definite and indefinite articles
- Nouns (gender, number and some irregular forms)
- Adjectives and adverbs
- Subject pronouns
- Place and time prepositions
- The Present tense of regular and some irregular verbs
What will I achieve?
When Italian Level 1 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), entry level of the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.