Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 20 April 2024 To: 06 July 2024
By studying Italian Level 1, you will be able to communicate in very basic everyday-life situations, including greetings, daily activities, finding your way, telling the time and date, making simple purchases, ordering a meal, etc, be able to understand very simple oral and written texts and ascertain specific information on simple topics, have developed an insight into Italian-speaking life, culture and society.
What does this course cover?
Topics may typically include:
- Situations and experiences in the past
- Italian regions and geography
Functions may typically include:
- Talking about events in the past
- Using some idiomatic expressions
- Expressing opinions, beliefs and ideas
- Apologizing, complaining
Grammar may typically include:
- Use of the Past tense (passato prossimo)
- Use of some relative pronouns
- Use of some pronominal verbs
What will I achieve?
When Italian Level 1 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), entry level of the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.