Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 25 April 2024 To: 27 June 2024
By studying Italian Level 4, you will be able to understand authentic speech with ease and communicate confidently on a variety of subjects using a wide range of vocabulary and complex grammatical structures, be able to read extracts from authentic literature with almost 100% understanding, be able to write a number of complex texts in different registers with high degree of accuracy, employing a wide range of structures and vocabulary and have further developed intercultural competence and be conversant with a variety of issues in Italian speaking countries.
What does this course cover?
Topics may typically include:
- Sports in Italy
- Regions of Italy and cultural heritage
- The education system in Italy
- The Italian language: colloquialisms, common mistakes, and jargon
- Regional variations
- Introduction to contemporary Italian literature
Functions may typically include:
- Expressing opinions and points of views in relation to some Italian contemporary cultural issues (art, music, literature and cinema)
- Giving recommendations and advice on travel and accommodation
- Comparing and discussing pros and cons of educational systems
- Reflecting on the use of language
- Understanding humour and jokes
- Summarising a text
Grammar may typically include:
- The passive voice and its use
- Reported speech and its use
- Sequence of tenses
- Past infinitive and past gerund
What will I achieve?
When Italian Level 4 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of B1/B2 level of the CEFR, level 3 of the RQF.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.