Long Term Conditions and Case Management Level 6 6KNIA317
Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care
Available course dates:
From: 02 May 2023 To: 20 June 2023
15 March 2023
This modules aims to give greater insight into policies that determines the provision of care for those clients with long term conditions and enhance skills through the use of best evidence when assessing and managing clients through self-care, disease management, and case management.
What does this course cover?
In undertaking this module the student will gain greater insight into policies that determines the provision of care for those clients with long term conditions. They will also explore enhancing skills through the use of best evidence when assessing and managing clients through self-care, disease management, and case management.
What will I achieve?
The student will be able to:
- Critically appraise current health care policies relating to clients with long term conditions and analyse the potential impact of government policy on service provision.
- Critically analyse strategies used in the assessment of clients and develop skills in accessing and managing relevant data sets for those clients with long term conditions.
- Critically evaluate the strategies used in managing clients with complex health and social needs including supporting self-care, self-management and managed care at the end of life.
- Critically evaluate the impact of long term conditions on the individual, family and significant others and recognize the need for partnership with both statutory and voluntary bodies.
- Analyse the nurse's contribution to the evaluation of service provision.
Who will I learn with?
Lecturer in Adult Nursing
How will I be assessed?
What is the teaching schedule?
Term 3 -
02/05/2023, 16/05, 06/06, 20/06