Measurement and Evaluation for Healthcare Practice 7KNIM700
Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care
6 teaching days across 10 weeks
Available course dates:
To be confirmed
This module aims to:
- Introduce principal research methods and their use in the healthcare setting.
- Provide a foundation for subsequent research modules.
- Enhance skills for critiquing published research.
- Provide an understanding of techniques applicable to future research work.
- Provide an understanding of how knowledge of healthcare is advanced through research.
What will I achieve?
Participants will be able to:
- Display an in-depth and comprehensive understanding of quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods paradigms.
- Critically evaluate the key features of quantitative and qualitative designs.
- Expertly appraise research questions and their suitability for different designs.
- Display an advanced understanding of the application of these methods in healthcare research and practice.
Who is this for?
Qualified nurses & midwives
How will I be assessed?
Coursework 100% - 1 x 2,000 essay
What is the teaching schedule?