Pedagogy of Clinical Education Level 7 - 7KANP126
Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care
Available course dates:
To be confirmed
This module provides you with an opportunity to explore and critically appraise different approaches to education both in theoretical and clinical settings, utilising recent evidence. Analysis of student empowerment, learning culture, educational quality and curriculum design will provide you with a foundation to develop your skills across the various contexts in which nursing education takes place.
What will I achieve?
On successful completion, you will be able to facilitate the development, delivery and evaluation of clinical education through:
- Critical review and synthesis of a range of learning strategies
- Developing academic practice with critical reference to curricula
- Critical application of strategies to assist the integration of learning from practice and educational settings
- Contribution to the processes of quality assurance and educational audit.
Achieve advanced critical review and synthesis of a range of teaching strategies to:
- Create an environment in which healthcare practice development is fostered, disseminated and evaluated.
- Utilise and evaluate a variety of teaching approaches appropriate to the facilitation of learning with healthcare professional groups in healthcare or educational settings.
Develop a critical understanding of, and synthesise strategies for the assessment and evaluation of learning through:
- Expert critical assessment of learning in both health care practice and educational settings.
- Development and evaluation of strategies for providing feedback and developing further learning.
Who will I learn with?
Associate Dean (Practice Learning) and Reader in Nursing Education
Who is this for?
This course is for qualified healthcare professionals.
How will I be assessed?
What is the teaching schedule?
Term 3 -