Portuguese Level 4, Part 3
Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 25 April 2024 To: 27 June 2024
By studying Portuguese Level 4, you will be able to understand authentic passages on familiar issues and communicate on a variety of subjects using accurate pronunciation and intonation and a range of language and structure, be able to read and summarize a limited number of authentic texts, be able to write more complex texts on familiar issues and have developed intercultural competence further.
What does this course cover?
- Feelings and emotions
- Holidays and places of interest
- Regrets and missed opportunities
- Describing people’s personality
- Expressing: requirements / likes and dislikes / physical and mental states / feelings and change of feelings
- Talking about cause and effect
- Description of places
- Expressing wishes (different degrees of probability)
- Making complaints
- Expressing unreal conditions about the past and their consequences
- Talking about historical facts
- Expressing regret
- Prefixes: opposites
- Suffixes - Nouns from verbs
- Pedir/Esperar que + Subjunctive
- Adoro as pessoas que + / Detesto as pessoas que + Indicative
- Não suporto as pessoas que + Indicative
- Expressions with the verb estar + preposition + noun
- Adjectives from verbs (frustrante, deprimente ...)
- Sentar/ Sentir-se/ Encontrar-se + Past Participle
- Tomara que/ óxala que/ espero que + Imperfect Subjunctive
- Perfect subjunctive
- If clauses: Se + Pluperfect Subjunctive + Perfect Conditional
- If clauses: Se + Future subjunctive + Perfect Future
What will I achieve?
When Portuguese (European) Level 4 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A2/B1 level of the CEFR, level 2 of the RQF.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.