Practical Medical Affairs
Life Sciences & Medicine
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Available course dates:
From: 05 February 2024 To: 05 February 2024
05 January 2024
*Please note that applicants to this short course should go via King's Apply (click red 'Apply' button on the right of this page) and select the following programme*:
Pharmaceutical Medicine Non-Award (Part-time)
Module code 7MCS0004
This module provides real life experience of the medical affairs function in a bio-pharmaceutical company. Following a 1-week placement in a company in which the student will experience a range of medical affairs sub-functions and interact with a range of medical affairs employees, the student will write a critical and reflexive report of an aspect of their experience of medical affairs in action.
What does this course cover?
This module aims to give students:
- Experience of critical appraisal of medical affairs processes and procedures in a real-life setting
- Skills for strategic communication of real-world observations of medical affairs
- First-hand experience to guide their career decisions
What will I achieve?
By the end of this module, students will be able to:
- Write critically of an aspect of medical affairs in action and communicate real-world observations
- Critically appraise medical affairs processes and procedures
- Apply their learning to future career decisions
Who is this for?
Minimum entry requirements are either a medical degree (such as an MBBS) or a 2:1 first degree in pharmacy, pharmacology, biology, biochemistry, chemistry or related subject.
Full fee £2590
Home Students £1670
Overseas Students £2590