Spanish Level 1, Part 1 (Evening 5 Week Intensive)
Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 14 June 2023 To: 12 July 2023
The fast-track intensive course will be taught in the evenings. Each class is 3 hours in duration from 18.00 to 21.00.
By studying Spanish Level 1, you will be able to communicate in very basic everyday-life situations, including greetings, daily activities, finding your way, telling the time and date, making simple purchases, ordering a meal, etc, be able to understand very simple oral and written texts and ascertain specific information on simple topics and have developed an insight into Spanish-speaking life, culture and society.
What does this course cover?
Topics may typically include:
- Greetings and introductions
- Personal information: nationality, occupation, address, age, marital status
- Formal and informal ways of addressing people
- Alphabet, numbers, instructions in class
- Accommodation: Rooms and furniture
- Public places
- Time and days of the week
- Sports and Leisure
Functions may typically include:
- Greeting and introducing people
- Asking for and giving personal information
- Using formal and informal modes of address
- Asking for and giving directions
- Asking and telling the time
- Describing and locating objects and furniture
Grammar may typically include:
- Number and gender agreement
- Definite and indefinite articles
- Demonstrative pronouns
- Personal and interrogative pronouns
- Present Tense: regular and irregular forms
- Prepositions of place
- Some uses of verbs ser and estar
- Use of verb haber
- Imperative affirmative of some verbs
What will I achieve?
When Spanish Level 1 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of A1 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), entry level of the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.