Not for credit
Available course dates:
From: 24 April 2024 To: 26 June 2024
By studying Spanish Level 6, you will be able to recognise the implicit meaning in written and spoken texts, be able to make presentations on various subjects, be able to express yourself spontaneously in complex situations, analyse written and/or spoken material and have improved your intercultural competence further by accessing political, historical and cultural information from a variety of sources.
What does this course cover?
Topics may typically include:
- Festivities and celebrations
- Cinema, theatre and music
- The oral tradition of Los Cuenteros in Spain and Latin America
- Students will also be given the opportunity to present a topic of their own choice to discuss in class
Functions may typically include:
- Using debating techniques: being persuasive, avoiding a topic, answering questions effectively
- Reading a wide range of written texts
- Listening to a wide range of authentic material
Grammar may typically include:
- Direct and Indirect object pronouns: leísmo, laísmo and loísmo
- Reported Speech
- Future as possibility
- Extension of vocabulary using synonyms and antonyms
What will I achieve?
When Spanish Level 6 is complete, you will achieve the equivalent of C1/C2 level of the CEFR, level 6 of the RQF.
*The above is an indication of content that may be covered over the duration of the course but it could vary depending on the level and progress of students in the class.