Student Project - Post qualification Level 6 6KNIN420
Nursing, Midwifery & Palliative Care
Available course dates:
From: 17 January 2023 To: 13 June 2023
15 November 2022
This module aims to provide students with the opportunity to think about how they might bring about evidence-based change or innovation in their practice area. Using a step by step approach, students will critically think about why their identified topic is important, how they might implement this into practice using change theory/strategies and how the proposed change will be evaluated. The core of this module is self-directed learning, with support from your group supervisor. General guidance and advice will be provided by your module leaders in the initial lecture. Each student will be allocated to a supervisory group, in which the supervisor will facilitate tutorials to support your learning and development of your work following the framework of the Practice Development Proposal. There will be a 3-hour introductory session on the first day followed by monthly 1-hour group supervision sessions with a designated supervisor.
What will I achieve?
Successful participants will achieve:
· An in-depth knowledge of the chosen topic under study
· An ability to generate a critical discussion of the literature and its importance to the topic area
· An ability to synthesise and present information from various sources
· An understanding of the principles of practice development and change theory
· An ability to set out a ‘blueprint’ for the practice development process
· Evaluation of an intervention or approach to improve healthcare practice
· An ability to reflect on the process and their own learning.
Who will I learn with?
Lecturer in Adult Nursing
Who is this for?
How will I be assessed?
What is the teaching schedule?
Term 2 -
17/01/2023, 24/01, 21/02, 21/03, 18/04, 16/05, 13/06