ALC-Nairobi has a well-defined research and training programme concentrated on Africa. Whilst ALC at King’s trains students from across the world on leadership, security and development issues across the Global South, ALC-Nairobi has a distinct agenda aiming to transform the African continent.
The African Leadership Centre has been anchored on and guided by the following core values:
- Pursuit of excellence
- African-led ideas and processes of change
- Diversity in terms of gender, region, class and beliefs
- Independent thinking
- Recognition of youth agency
To this end, the ALC has so far been able to:
- Create and pursue ideas that are grounded in African realities
- Provide a space for the interaction between academics,students and policy- makers
- Build capacity for independent thinking
- Expand and develop visions of change
- Create opportunities to transfer knowledge to achieve multiplier effects for communities
- Connect with processes nationally, regionally and globally, especially in the field of peace and security
- Build lasting partnerships that will maintain an African-led vision of change
The ALC has successfully produced a new generation of Africans and serves as a forum for transformative discourse on peace, security and development in Africa.