The African Leadership Centre offers two MSc programmes: MSc Leadership & Development and MSc Security, Leadership & Society.
Students can also pursue a PhD Leadership Studies with reference to Security and Development. You are advised to please email us with a summary of your intended research proposal before embarking on your formal application.
The ALC’s two taught master’s programmes, and the PhD programme, bring together students from across several regions of the world. The programmes are concerned with the leadership dimensions of security and development across the developing world. Students on these programmes come from all regions of the Global South as well as from North America and Europe. The master’s programmes create a multicultural and diverse learning environment for high performing students committed to:
• content acquisition and policy analysis;
• research skills acquisition and research planning tasks;
• using their research skills and knowledge to participate in a variety of events, processes and design and implementation of frameworks geared to engender peaceful resolution of conflict in the developing world;
• promoting respect for diversity including gender equality within organisations and in society.
For more information on the programmes available and how to apply, see below:
• MSc Leadership & Development
• MSc Security, Leadership & Society
Please note that the Centre offers African Leadership Centre Peace, Security and Development Fellowships for African Scholars (includes overseas fees and living costs) for students studying MSc Security, Leadership & Society.
Candidates for postgraduate taught study at King's have a range of funding opportunities available to them. For more information on the scholarships available and other offers, and on how to apply, please visit King's Postgraduate Funding.