School Research Programme Officer
King’s College London
Strand | London | WC2R 2LS
Phone: 020 7848 1547
Jessica joined the School of Security Studies in July 2017 as the Postgraduate Research Officer before moving into the School Research Officer role. She previously held research positions for a number of arts and cultural organisations including the British Council and University of the Arts London.
Jessica graduated from Konstfack School of Art & Design in 2012, and later from the Transnational Research Centre for Art, Identity and Nation. Jessica develops exhibitions and film programmes related to her research interests exploring the intersection of political ecologies and film with a focus on the Arctic region.
- Providing pre and post award support to academics submitting grant bids to external funders and grant award holders within the school
- Working within the School Research Team to support the development of the research portfolio
- Identifying and coordinating research calls across the school
- Managing postgraduate research support budgets, studentships and scholarship programmes including publication
- Coordinating all aspects of the school’s doctoral programme including operations and logistics, departmental funding, research events, key stages and progression
- Acting as the primary point of contact for all queries relating to Postgraduate Research Programmes in the School of Security Studies
- Co-ordinating the annual doctoral research conference and induction events as well as managing the school research space
- Developing and supporting new opportunities relevant to PhD students bridging over to postdoctoral/early career within research