The CSD Research Group hosts a variety of seminars, talks and book-launches throughout the year. Video and podcast recordings of many of these events can be accessed below.
- 31 May 2017, Blitzed: Drugs in Nazi Germany, Listen to the audio
Speaker: Norman Ohler, author of 'Blitzed: Drugs in Nazi Germany.'
- 10 April 2017, Violence and Intervention in the Central African Republic, Listen to the audio
Speaker: Louisa Lombard, Assistant Professor of Anthropology, Yale.
- 13 February 2017, Where Do Violent Norms Come From? Listen to the audio
Speaker: Dr Zoe Marks, Chancellor’s Fellow (Lecturer), Centre of African Studies and Co-Director, Global Development Academy, University of Edinburgh.
- 29 September 2016, What Works in Reducing Community Violence: An Evidence-Informed Approach Listen to the audio
Speaker: Thomas Abt, Senior Research Fellow & Adjunct Lecturer in Public Policy, Harvard University & Instituto Igarape
- 13 May 2016, Covenants Without the Sword? Comparing Prison Self-Governance Globally Listen to the audio
Speaker: Dr David Skarbek, Lecturer in Political Economy, King's College London.
- 18 April 2016, How Should We Write About Violence? Listen to the audio
Speaker: Roger Mac Ginty, Professor of Peace and Conflict Studies, University of Manchester.
- 18 January 2016, Dealing with Painful History & Building Sustainable Peace in Northeast Asia - Professor Kevin Clements, University of Otago, New Zealand. (post-talk interview)
- 12 November 2015, A Case of Old Wine in New Bottle? From Humanitarian Intervention to R2P - Ramesh Thakur, Professor in the Crawford School of Public Policy, the Australian National University. (post-talk interview)
- 4 November 2015, The Iran Deal - A Brazilian Perspective - His Excellency Celso Amorim, former Brazilian Minister of Foreign Relations (1993-1995 and 2003-2010) and Minister of Defence (2011-2014).
View All Videos (CSDRG Playlist)