What is the NSS?
The NSS is an annual, national survey which is open to final-year undergraduate students across the UK, and we want to hear from as many of you as possible.
The survey is run by Ipsos and commissioned by the Office for Students (OfS), on behalf of the UK funding and regulatory bodies. It’s a great opportunity for students to share their honest feedback on what it has been like to study on their course at university.
Why should you take part?
- Completing the survey not only gives you the chance to say what you like about your course at King’s, but importantly what changes could be made to improve your experience.
- You can be honest. The survey is run independently by Ipsos, and all responses are anonymised before they are shared with King’s – so your feedback will remain completely confidential.
- By sharing your feedback, you’ll be making a difference to our university and helping prospective students make informed choices about where and when to study by comparing NSS results on Discover Uni.
- We are particularly interested in hearing from international students and male students as they have previously been underrepresented in NSS responses.
- The survey is quick and simple and should only take you about 10 minutes to complete.
How have we used your feedback so far?
As a result of student feedback from the NSS, King’s has made improvements in areas which directly impact the student experience. This includes improvements to our student mental health and wellbeing provisions, study support, assessment regulations and more.
For more information about the changes and improvements your feedback has helped us make, take a look at ‘You said, we did: our response to your feedback’ on Student News.
When is the NSS open?
At King’s, the NSS will launch on Monday 16 January and close on Sunday 30 April 2023.
Don’t miss out on the prize draw and food and drink vouchers
If you complete the survey before Tuesday 28 February 2023, you will be entered for a prize draw where you could win £250 of shopping vouchers!
Complete the NSS at one of our survey pop-up stalls on campus and get yourself a free King's or KCLSU food and drink voucher!
Pop-up stalls will take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays*, 10.00 - 14.00, and rotate between campuses:
- The Shack, Bush House South-East Building, Strand Campus, fortnightly from Tuesday 17 January
- Outside the Franklin Wilkins Library, Waterloo Campus, fortnightly from Thursday 2 February
- The Shed and New Hunt's House foyer, Guy's Campus, fortnightly from Tuesday 24 January
- KCLSU Space, Denmark Hill Campus, fortnightly from Thursday 26 January
* Week commencing 27 February, pop-ups will be at the Strand and Waterloo on Monday 27 February and Guy’s and Denmark Hill on Tuesday 28 February.
How do I complete the NSS?
All eligible students will receive a personalised link to complete the survey in an email from Ipsos during the survey period. Alternatively, you can visit the NSS website to complete the survey from 16 January.
Charity donation – make an impact with your response
King’s values the NSS and we want to hear from as many students as possible. For every completed NSS 2023 response received at King’s, we are also donating £1 to Centrepoint, a charity for young people experiencing homelessness. In 2022, we raised over £7,000 – the more responses we receive from you this year, the more we can donate to Centrepoint and make a real difference to young people dealing with homelessness, especially during these challenging financial times.
To find out more about Centrepoint, visit their website.
Need more information?
You can find further information about the NSS on their website.