The aim of this module is to provide students with an understanding of demographic, biological and health related aspects of ageing, and their individual and societal implications.
On successful completion of the module, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of trends in population ageing, causes and consequences.
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of issues in the biology and genetics of ageing.
- Understand mortality and morbidity patterns, trends, and differentials.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of intergenerational transfers in later life, such as living arrangements and care, and their relation to changing demographic factors.
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of migration patterns at older ages and migration theories.
- Analyse the policy implications of population ageing.
Dr Karen Glaser
Module assessment - more information
Coursework and examination