To develop an understanding of research design in quantitative studies (survey and experiments) as well as wider research issues. The assignments provide structured guidance on the practicalities of undertaking quantitative research and will be found useful preparation for further quantitative research in your masters’ dissertation or health services research.
On successful completion of the module, you will be able to:
- Formulate appropriate research questions.
- Select the most appropriate research design to address a specific research problem.
- Demonstrate knowledge of common research designs and methods used in quantitative research (survey and experiments).
- Design and administer a brief questionnaire and critically discuss its strengths and weaknesses.
- Critically review methods used in published social science and health services research.
Note that this teaching schedule is indicative and subject to change.
Lectures and practicals
Module assessment - more information