To provide an overview of key issues in the management of organisations.
To develop a capacity for the critical analysis and understanding of management and behaviour in organisations.
To relate the general analysis of management and organisational behaviour to the specific context of public health.
Module Learning Outcomes:
By the end of the module students will be able to:
- Identify the dimensions with which to analyse organisations and organisation structures.
- Describe the key nature and demands of managerial work.
- Describe ways in which workers attitudes, behaviour and organisation can help or hinder management.
- Outline and evaluate the various interventions designed to improve behaviour in organisations and organisational performance.
- Present a set of diagnostic criteria when considering the need for organisational change, outline different strategies of change and list criteria for selecting among them.
- Present ways of evaluating organisational change and link these to different criteria of organisational effectiveness.
Lectures and seminars
Module assessment - more information