Lynda - Free online video tutorials
Lynda.com is an online training library with thousands of high quality, current and engaging video tutorials free to King's staff and students. Use the tutorials to help you learn business, software, technology and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals.
Visit the KEATS Lynda.com courses for guidance on the pedagogically appropriate use of tools, detailed how-to information and relevant case studies.
To get started have a look at the playlists created by CTEL
How to use lynda.com
Suggested playlist for students
Suggested playlist for staff
- The KCL Students: Personal Skills playlist for students includes useful videos related to developing personal skills. The videos cover learning with Lynda.com, increasing reading speed and comprehension skills, managing productivity and improving study skills.
- The KCL Students: Writing Skills playlist for students is aimed at increasing writing skills through various topics, including writing a research paper, writing in plain English and writing under a deadline.
- The KCL Students: Research Skills playlist for students covers topics such as information literacy, foundational concepts in academic research and strategies for choosing the proper research methodology.
- The KCL Students: Digital Literacy playlist for students is focused on promoting digital literacy and citizenship skills, as well as helping students understand the essentials of web security.
- The KCL Staff: Teaching with Technology playlist for staff provides an overview of digital skills for applying universal design for learning principles with technology, using technology to prepare and share content and assessing learning and teaching effectively in online environments.
- The KCL Staff: Teacher Tips (TEL) playlist for staff provides a wide variety of teacher tips, including various software options available for teaching. Staff can choose which particular software they would like to integrate into their teaching and watch the relevant video in the playlist.
- The KCL Staff: Using Moodle (VLE) playlist for staff includes useful resources on working with Moodle, the institution’s virtual learning environment (VLE).
- The KCL Staff: Accessibility, Tools and Design playlist for staff focuses on teaching using accessibility and design for e-learning frameworks, and highlights teaching techniques on making accessible learning, visual design principles and gamification of learning.