Training and Workshops
King's Modern Language Centre offers internal and external teacher training to language teachers working in secondary and higher education. The MLC offers a continous staff development programme delivered by highly qualified trainers.
The MLC also run cultural workshops and intercultural training available to internal students and external students and external clients.
See list below for upcoming and previous training events.
Teacher training - Open to all (Upcoming training)
- Teacher training for GSCE French and Spanish teachers. - In partnership with the Lambeth Teaching Schools Alliance, the Modern Language Centre is providing subject specialism training for teachers of GCSE French and Spanish. The objective of this course is to familiarise teachers with the new GCSE structure, content and assessment pattern & refresh and consolidate language competence and skills in French and Spanish. Training sessions are held in London (French and Spanish, 10 x 6hr Friday sessions) and Norwich (French only, 5 x 6hr Friday sessions) For more details please view the flyer
- External training events - More details for teacher training will be available once staff return for the 2017/18 academic year.
Teacher training - Open to all (Previous training)
- GCSE Spanish teacher training - The Modern Language Centre in partnership with Lambeth Teaching Schools Alliance provided training on the new GSCE Spanish syllabus to teachers. To take part in the next session of teacher training please click here
- Italian teacher training - A yearly event, King’s College London presents "La Cultura inClasse", a CPD training day for teachers of Italian working in Secondary and HEcontexts. The event runs in collaboration with the publisher Alma Edizioni and comprises talks, practical interactive workshops and a round table. Workshops and presentations are delivered in Italian. View this year's event and register interest for next Italian teacher training day. mailto:email@example.com
Teacher training - Internal/Open to MLC staff (Upcoming)
- More details for MLC teacher training will be available once staff return for the 2017/18 academic year.
Teacher training - Internal/Open to MLC staff (Previous)
The Modern Language Centre provides teacher training for staff to continue their development. Details of previous training sessions can be found below.
Workshops & Events
The Modern Language Centre offers workshops and events that allow you to learn more about the culture of our languages. These events run during our academic term and include movie screenings, food tasting, travel information and historic cultural events.
Workshops & Events - Open to all (Upcoming)
More details for MLC Workshops & Events will be available once staff return for the 2017/18 academic year.
Workshops & Events - Open to all (Previous)
The Modern Language Centre runs many Workshops & Events. Some examples of events run in the previous academic here are below. To join our mailing list please click here
The Modern Language Centre offers workshops and events on Intercultural training which includes working across different cultures, cross cultural skills and intercultural awareness. We offer internal and external training.
Intercultural training - Open to all
The Modern Language Centre runs many intercultural training events/programme that are open to all . We have delivered intercultural training for the London Business School amongst others. To enquire about our intercultural training event/programme for your business, please get in touch
Intercultural training - Internal/Open to MLC staff
The Modern Language Centre runs many intercultural training events/programmes that are open to King's faculties and business units. We have delivered intercultural training for:
- The Medical school
- The Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience
- The Faculty of Arts & Humanities
- The Department of Culture, Media and Creative Industries
- King's Study Abroad office
- Careers & Employability Office
To enquire about our intercultural training event/programme for your faculty, please get in touch.