Advanced Cyber Security MSc, PG Dip, PG Cert (online)
Cyber security is a global challenge that impacts societies, national security, critical infrastructure and the global economy. Cybercrime damages are predicted to cost the world nearly £5 trillion annually by 2021, yet cyber security skills are one of the world's most in-demand, with a global sector deficit of 2.9 million. Now more than ever, industries such as health care, finance, manufacturing and retail all rely on cyber security professionals to enter the workforce to protect valuable information from these damaging, costly cyber breaches.
The Advanced Cyber Security MSc, Postgraduate Diploma, Postgraduate Certificate (online) at King’s College London will give you the opportunity to gain the knowledge, technologies, practices and skills to solve the world’s most complex cyber security challenges - without taking a break from your career. Our leading academics provide you with cutting-edge theory in the field of cyber security, and you’ll have access to our Virtual Lab, providing you with practical experience of real-world security analysis and problem-solving.
Career opportunities in cyber security have grown three times faster than those for IT jobs overall, and cyber security professionals are earning 16 per cent* more than their IT counterparts. If you come from a technical background with a strong computer science foundation and are looking to begin a career in this thriving sector, this programme is right for you.
- Advanced theory - The course provides an excellent foundation for learning advanced theory, practical techniques and skills for solving complex cyber security problems.
- Virtual Lab - Access to our virtualisation software (Virtual Lab) gives you the practical, hands-on experience of real-world security analysis and problem-solving.
- World-leading academics - Learn and collaborate with leading academics in the field, such as Professor Luca Viganò, Head of the Cybersecurity Group. His research focuses on formal methods and tools for the design, modelling, analysis, verification and testing of networks and systems in order to tackle cybersecurity and privacy problems that are important to industry, society and everyone living in a technologically dependent world.
- Support - A dedicated Student Success Advisor will offer support throughout the duration of your course. They will be your first point of contact and available to answer all student support enquiries.
- Build a global network - You’ll learn alongside like-minded students and professionals from around the world, each of whom brings their own unique experience, skills and perspectives to your online discussions.
Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.