Chat with current students and King's staff to find out about the courses we offer, life at King's and ask any questions you may have.
Cyber Policy & Strategy MA
This Cyber Policy and Strategy MA presents a unique opportunity to study cyber security from a social science perspective. You’ll develop robust research, analysis and communication skills and build your knowledge thanks to a rigorous education in cyber security politics, policy, and strategy. This master’s in cyber policy and strategy is the first of its kind in the UK to study cyber security as a vital issue for national and international public policy, statecraft and strategy, and diplomacy and global governance. You’ll be taught by the only academic department in the world that focuses solely on the complexities of conflict and security. This expertise, combined with a wide range of optional modules, will help you gain a unique understanding of how cyber security fits within the world of conflict, security and international politics. Your Cyber Policy and Strategy MA will teach you the foundations of cyber security before moving on to the different approaches to the topic. You’ll get to learn about cyber power and strategy, cyber diplomacy, or the privacy, ethics and human rights of cyber security, before selecting from a range of conflict and security optional modules. You will graduate with the knowledge and transferable skills that are desirable for diverse careers in cybersecurity, as well as for roles that explore issues of technology policy and regulation, privacy, global governance, and more.
- Learn from the first master’s of its kind in the UK to focus solely on the complexities of cyber security politics, policy, strategy, diplomacy and governance.
- Explore cyber security as a critical national and international public policy issue.
- Discover how to apply theories, methods and tools to analyse cyber security through the prism of social sciences.
- Understand the technical language and concepts that underpin cyber security.
- Develop transferable skills in analytical thinking, research, and communication, whilst building confidence in teamwork, collaboration, and adaptability.