Dr Monica Malik Refugee Bursary 2020-21
The Dr Monica Malik Refugee Bursary is designed to support a postgraduate student from a refugee or humanitarian protection background undertake their studies at King's in 2020.
What is the Dr Monica Malik Refugee Bursary?
King's College London is delighted to offer the Dr Monica Malik Refugee Bursary. This bursary will support postgraduate students from a refugee or humanitarian protection background to study at King's. This fund is intended to give students the opportunity to undertake study in an internationally recognised centre of excellence.
The scholarship is worth £10,000.
Am I eligible?
In order to be eligible, students must:
- have accepted an offer to study at King's from September 2020 for a postgraduate taught Master's course
- have one of the following immigration statuses and be able to evidence this: refugee or humanitarian protection
- currently reside in the UK
- be eligible for financial support through Student Finance England/Wales/N.Ireland/SAAS
- have applied for the maximum amount of financial support available from Student Finance
- be willing to provide an end of year report and a letter of thanks to the estate of the donor
Please note that meeting the eligibility criteria alone does not guarantee a successful outcome.
How do I apply?
- Before applying, read this application guidance. This outlines the questions you need to answer, and the supporting evidence required to complete your application.
- Complete this online application form.
Please note, it is not possible to save and return to your application. You therefore need to complete the application in one sitting.
The deadline for applications is Sunday 26th July 11:59pm. If you would like any support throughout the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
When will I know the outcome of my application?
Provided your application form has been accurately completed and the appropriate documentary evidence supplied, you will be notified of the decision by 1st September 2020.
Where can I get further information?
If you have any questions or want further information, please contact email@example.com.
The College has tried to give students an early opportunity to begin their research of student funding. Although every effort has been made to ensure that information provided is both helpful to prospective candidates and accurate at the time of its publication, it is possible that some information may be outdated or superseded before the start of the 2020-21 academic year.