Gateway to Nursing in North America
The Gateway to Nursing in North America course is for qualified Registered Adult Nurses, educated in the UK or internationally, who wish to work in the United States.
Using a variety of teaching strategies, the Florence Nightingale Faculty of Nursing & Midwifery has partnered with Kaplan Test Review to give students their best chance of successfully passing the NCLEX-RN licensure exam on their first try.
Our students learn from an individualised learning plan which guides them through core obstetrics and women’s health, paediatric and psychiatric mental health content. This 16 week course also offers the clinical experience needed for state registration.
Applications are now open for 6 March 2019. The application deadline is 20 February 2019.
- Study in the heart of London.
- Number two nursing faculty in the UK and fifth in the world (2018 QS World University Rankings)
- Exciting placement opportunities at world-class teaching hospitals: Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, King’s College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and South London & Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust.
- Links with industry, health services and policy makers.
- Excellent employability. Our graduates are highly sought after both nationally and internationally
How is the course taught?
Our students are taught in small groups where they have the opportunity to explore and develop their knowledge and skills through a series of group discussions, seminars and online modules. Participants also undertake self-directed learning, simulation and structured clinical observation placements.
Contact time is based on one day college attendance per week with self-directed learning over 16 academic weeks.
There is also one full time study week in Week 14 of the course.
What will be provided for completing the course?
During the course or upon completion, graduates will have:
- A transcript of theory and clinical practice
- Access to the knowledge and skills needed in order to take the NCLEX exam as well as the clinical experience they need for state registration.
- Support with the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS) application for credentials screening
- Discussions regarding job placement agencies for work in the US
Note: it is advised applicants familarize themselves with the CGFNS International webpages and their interview process. Additionally, it should be emphasized this course includes intensive independent learning throughout the 16-week length.
In registering your interest for this course, we would like to contact you directly via telephone to answer any queries you have about this course. Please indicate you are happy to do so and we will arrange a time for one of our team members to contact you accordingly.
Register your interest