European & International Studies
Never before has the study of Europe seemed so pertinent. But the recent vote to leave the European Union is just one more chapter in the political story of the continent. We're ranked 4th in the UK for Politics & International Studies (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2019) and offer exciting courses including European Politics BA and European Studies BA.
Based in the centre of London, minutes away from the Houses of Parliament, you will interact with the political and cultural institutions of this global capital city.
European Studies allows you to combine the study of a language with the politics, history and contemporary culture of France, Germany or Spain. No prior knowledge of German or Spanish is required for the ab initio version of these pathways, you will learn the language from scratch.
- Visit us! Register now to attend one of our upcoming Strand Open Days
- Sign up for more information about studying at King’s
- King's ranked 4th in the UK for Politics & International Studies (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2019)
- In-depth study across the disciplines of history, politics, culture and language of your chosen country
- Based in the heart of London, with your third year spent in your chosen country for European Studies, providing excellent opportunities to engage in culture and society.
- Study abroad in your country of study at one of the following prestiguious institutions during your third year of European Studies: Institut d'Etudes Politiques (Sciences Po) in Paris; Humboldt University in Berlin; or Complutense University of Madrid (UCM).
- King’s has the largest concentration of scholars in the field of politics, public policy and international studies in Europe.
- Ranked 1st in the UK for the power of our research in Politics and International Studies (REF 2014).
- Opportunities to take part in a broad range of extra-curricular events, from lectures by visiting speakers to the student-organised annual ‘European Week’ where you will debate contemporary issues.
Careers – where could your course take you?
Graduates from our European Studies and European Politics BA courses have taken up posts with the Foreign Office, with leading financial institutions, with cultural organisations or with lobbying firms at the European Commission. Others have worked in public and private agencies and think-tanks in the UK, as well as further afield in countries ranging from Bosnia to Japan. Many students have undertaken work placements in the media, working for the French Newspaper Liberation, the Franco-German TV station Arte and Radio-France International.
Register your interest in King's
Find out more and get a glimpse into life at King's College London by registering your interest below. You'll receive helpful information about King's, the courses you are interested in, reminders about upcoming events that are relevant to you and more.
Don't forget to select the course you are most interested in.