The course aims to enable nurses to transform bedside care by developing critical, analytical and evidence-based practice skills to lead improvements in health care quality, safety, access and value.
The course will provide you with knowledge and understanding of the following:
• Client assessment and clinical decision making in the context of a healthcare setting.
• Implementing, co-ordinating and evaluating a range of relevant therapeutic interventions.
• Research methods for healthcare.
• Promoting quality care by utilising and evaluating available evidence.
• Accountable practice in contemporay healthcare.
• National, organisational and local policies/guidelines shaping healthcare.
• Personal, professional, inter-professional, ethical and legal responsibilities.
You can expect 50 contact hours for each module of the study course, and this will include both online and face to face lectures, seminars, tutorials and workshops. Some areas of the course are designed to promote independent study supported by individual or group supervision. Contact hours for these modules will be adjusted accordingly.
We will assess your progress and attainment on all modules you take on the course through a range of techniques, which includes essays, portfolios, dissertation projects and clinical examinations. For the research based module, there is an unseen written examinations.
Ngee Ann Academy as a registered Private Education Institution in Singapore has been given an In-principle Approval to commence the Bachelor of Science in Nursing with Honours by the Singapore Nursing Board. Please see the Singapore Nursing Board website for confirmation of the In-principle Approval. Accreditation will be fully granted once the routine second stage of the accreditation process is completed. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
King’s College London is regulated by the Higher Education Funding Council for England. Ngee Ann Academy is regulated by the Committee for Private Education Singapore. Programme accreditation is via Singapore Nursing Board.