Kenshole Family Scholarship 2020-21
King’s College London are pleased to offer three new Kenshole Family Scholarships worth £5,000 each for new entrants in 2020-21.
What is the Kenshole Family Scholarship?
In celebration of the 50th anniversary of her graduation and in recognition of the Kenshole family's century-long connection with Guy's, Dr Anne Kenshole has established the Kenshole Family Scholarships, prestigious and generous scholarships that will be awarded to 3 medical students in either their first year of the MBBS 5yr programme or the second year of their EMDP 6yr programme at King’s.
Each scholar will receive £1,000 per year for the 5 years of their course. This award will assist with the cost of studies by paying for medical equipment, books and the expenses associated with living in central London. The award will be made on the basis of academic promise and financial need.
Am I eligible to apply?
Applicants must fit all of the following criteria:
- First year on the MBBS 5 year programme or 2nd year on the Extended Medical Degree Programme in 2020-21;
- Undertaking their first degree;
- Must be in receipt of their maximum entitlement to student loan for maintenance (i.e. household income must be £50k or less);
- Have given 'consent to share' your household income data with King's to Student Finance England (SFE)
- Students must submit to the fundraising and supporter development office, a thank you letter on receipt of the scholarship and then a report of their academic activity of every year of their study (this includes their first year that they will have just completed). The Stewardship team will be notified by the medical school who the recipients of the award are and their contact email address-both personal and university;
- Each year thereafter the students are sent a reminder for updates by the stewardship team
How do I apply?
Applications are available here.
Applications must be sunmitted by 5pm Mon 31 Aug 2020.
Where can I get further information?
To find out more about alternative scholarships and bursaries at King’s, please contact the Student Funding Office.
The College has tried to give students an early opportunity to begin their research of student funding. Although every effort has been made to ensure that information provided is both helpful to prospective candidates and accurate at the time of its publication, it is possible that some information may be outdated or superseded before the start of the 2020-21 academic year.