Please note: this event has passed
You are invited to the 7th Annual Student / Young Pugwash Conference on 27 January 2024
The subject of the conference is ‘Artificial Intelligence: implications for peace and security’. We want to encourage new thinking on the legal, political and technical questions associated with this topic, with a focus on ethical science.
You can attend the conference in-person or online via zoom. To attend in-person please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name, and if you are a student or young professional (under-30).
To attend online please register via zoom.
- Please only register for either online or in-person
- All are welcome, but please only register for this conference if you are a student or young professional (under 30)
- There are limited tickets available: 70 in-person places and 100 online places. Places will be allocated to those who register first. If the event is oversubscribed, priority will be given to Student / Young Pugwash members: join for free
Drinks and snacks will be provided. Please bring your own lunch.
The venue is King’s College London, Strand Campus, Dockrill Room (K6.07).
Registration will take place from 9.30am, and the first session will start at 10am.
Speakers and panels
We have also invited speakers from the Campaign to Stop Killer Robots-UK.
Following the expert panel there will be two or three student / young professional panels. Key questions that will be explored in these panels include:
- How can AI help create a more peaceful world?
- What are the military and security implications of AI?
- How does AI interact with nuclear weapons?
- How should AI be regulated, for example, in terms of arms control and disarmament?
There will be opportunities for attendees to discuss the issues raised and to network with other guests and speakers.
The final timetable for the day is now available here.